A 2016 graduate with the MBA Special Events Management Specialization from Vatel Nimes, Morgane Mahieu began her life as a Vatelien with a tailor-made job: Sales and Marketing Manager at the Suite Villa, Martinique’s only five-star hotel. Testimonial
YOUR JOB IN A FEW WORDS:
A Sales and Marketing Manager makes sure that communication matches the service proposed. A service that he or she constantly optimizes through an appropriate pricing strategy and daily operational monitoring.
5 DAILY MISSIONS:
- Managing and checking prices
- Digital communication
- Partnerships (tourist offices, travel agencies, service providers, etc.)
- Supervision of reservations and greeting our guests
- Mediation between management and operational teams
3 QUALITIES REQUIRED TO DO THIS JOB:
- Creativity, curiosity
- Taking calculated risks
3 VALUES VATEL TAUGHT YOU
- Exceeding your own limitations
3 THINGS TAUGHT IN THE SPECIAL EVENTS MANAGEMENT COURSE THAT YOU USE EVERY DAY:
- How to innovate without compromising the expectations your guests have
- Knowing how to negotiate avec les service providers and partners
- How to optimize my time to be efficient
3 WORDS TO DESCRIBE YOUR LIFE IN MARTINIQUE:
- Surprising: no one day is like another one.
- Rewarding: both from a personal and professional point of view
- Relaxing: the environment allows you to put all external stress into perspective
BEST MEMORIES OF VATEL:
No doubt, the organization of our fashion show for charity. A project at the end of our studies, with ups and downs, that we were lucky enough to make it happen. Once again, I was able to use what I’d learned in my academic courses and I learned how to stretch my own limits.
YOUR BEST INTERNSHIP MEMORY:
My training Sofitel brand values, when I was the Assistant Sales and Banquets Manager at the 5* Sofitel Golfe d'Ajaccio Thalassa Sea & Spa. That was my first experience in a globally known hotel chain.
I was impressed to be a part of such a large entity, with its hierarchy. I understood the importance of having standards and procedures to maintain a long-term standards and boost client loyalty.
Working in an independent hotel with all the best practices in my mind for hospitality in a hotel chain, gives me the impression of knowing how to bring the best of two worlds together.